Monday, June 6, 2011

My friends

Some days are a slog of boring.  Get up, check the 'net, go to work, get home, check the 'net, maybe go for a run or some thing of that sort.  Some days are ridiculously busy.  Get up, put gas in car, do laundry, go to two appointments, squeeze in a run between grocery shopping and shower, then go to work for a pathetically short shift, then go home and crash in a haze of exhaustion.   Some days I crave knowledge and want to learn everything, and some days I don't have the patience to read a single sentence, and any effort to educate me is resented.

But every single day.  Every last day.  I realize yet again that I have the most amazing friends a guy could ever have.  This afternoon, I left a comment on a blog of a beautiful woman I haven't spoken to in far too long.  Moments later, I got a message on facebook about it.  We didn't speak for long, but she asked if I was transitioning.  I told her I was, and the sheer love and acceptance was felt, oh was it felt!  She said she was proud of me.  Last night, I spent an evening at a goodbye party for a good friend and co-worker.  I got to see another of my former co-workers.  I have developed a burgeoning bromance with her husband, but she and I only worked together for a short time before she transferred to another location.  I have a huge amount of respect for her, plus, she is downright adorable. I came out to her and her response was "we love you."

I've never been the sort to cry about stuff.  How could I when all my emotions were wrapped under gauze?  But the love I felt today from a few lines of chat, and last night for three little words, made tears come to my eyes.  I like being able to feel overwhelmed by the emotions I possess.  This is way better than before.  

To all of my friends, I love you.  That is never going to change.  I love coming out to see you.  I wish so many of you lived closer.  You are all incredible people, and I am honored to know each and every one of you.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet - I'm glad you are not numb to emotion! I hope you realize that you as amazing a friend as your friends are to you - I've loved watching you befriend each of my family members - you can be as good a friend to my mom as you can be to my 13-year-old sister. Not a lot of people have that ability :)

    ReplyDelete